St. Kate's alumnae are invited to the second annual Katies Connect...
"Books really become alive when you talk about them. It...
All alumnae are invited to join the Student Recruitment Committee of...
Conversation with Books
Conversation with Books is a literary event that has been a tradition at St. Catherine University since 1965. Event participants enjoy a lively panel of book lovers who highlight recent books of literary merit.
Whether collecting ideas for winter reading, potential book club picks or simply jump-starting the conversation about great recent literature, Conversation with Books offers attendees an afternoon of rich literary discussion. It’s not necessary to have read the books in advance of the event. Some avid readers attend simply to decide what to pick up next.
Mark your calendar now, attend Conversation with Books 2016!
Saturday, February 13, 2016, 1:30 p.m.
Rauenhorst Ballroom, 3rd floor, Coeur de Catherine
Cost: $25. Groups of 5 or more registered together receive a $5 per person discount. Dessert and beverages included.
Please see the campus map for event and parking locations. Free parking located in the Overflow/Guest parking lot. Enter through Gate 4 along Fairview Avenue. A shuttle from the parking lot to Coeur de Catherine will be running before and after the event.
• Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf (2015)
• Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper (2015)
• The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks (2015)
• Offshore by Penelope Fitzgerald (1979)
• The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert (2014)
• Penelope Fitzgerald: A Life by Hermoine Lee (2014)
• Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates (2015)
• H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald (2014)
Memoir and poetry
• Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
• We Should All be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Asichie
- Ruth Haag Brombach '60, alumnae liaison
- Judith Martens Flahavan ’60, retired businesswoman and educator
- Cecilia Konchar Farr, professor of English and women's studies.
St. Kate's alumna Jennifer Willoughby '92, winner of the 2015 Lindquist & Vennum Prize for Poetry, will read from her latest collection of poems, Beautiful Zero.
Conversation with Books travels!
Join us to discuss the book list in chapter events around the country. Dates for events in Arizona and Florida are set (click city names for more information):