Conversation with Books
Conversation with Books is a literary event that has been a tradition at St. Catherine University since 1965. Event participants enjoy a lively panel of book lovers who highlight recent books of literary merit.
Whether collecting ideas for winter reading, potential book club picks or simply jump-starting the conversation about great recent literature, Conversation with Books offers attendees an afternoon of rich literary discussion. It’s not necessary to have read the books in advance of the event. Some avid readers attend simply to decide what to pick up next.
Mark your calendar now, attend Conversation with Books 2016!
Saturday, February 13, 2016, 1 p.m.
Rauenhorst Hall, 3rd floor, Coeur de Catherine
Cost: $25, includes dessert. Groups of 5 or more registered together receive a $5 per person discount.
Preliminary book list:
- “Our Souls at Night” by Kent Haruf
- “Etta and Otto and Russell and James” by Emma Hooper
- “The Sixth Extinction” by Elizabeth Kolbert
- “Penelope Fitzgerald: A Life” by Hermoine Lee
- “Brown Girl Dreaming” by Jacqueline Woodson
The full book list will be available in December.
Panelists for Conversation with Books:
- Ruth Haag Brombach '60, alumnae liaison
- Judith Martens Flahavan ’60, retired businesswoman and educator
- Cecilia Konchar Farr, professor of English and women's studies.
In memory of Catherine Lupori
Catherine Pribyl Lupori, professor emerita, founded Conversation with Books in 1965, and led the event for 50 years. Sadly, Catherine died on October 13, 2014, at the age of 95. Conversation with Books goes on, and was dedicated to Catherine in 2015.
Conversation with Books travels!
Join us to discuss the book list in chapter events around the country. Dates for events in Arizona and Florida are set (click city names for more information):