The 50th annual Conversation with Books event was held in St. Paul on...
St. Catherine’s two-day Reunion held each June offers alumnae...
Help us to create a directory of Katie-affiliated service providers and...
Young Alumnae Events
The Young Alumnae Committee plans several educational and social events throughout the year. All alumnae are invited and welcome to participate in these events, regardless of age or class year. Please join us!
First-time Homebuyer's Seminar
Tuesday, March 18
Coeur de Catherine, Room 361
Cost: $5 for alumnae and guests, St. Kate's students free with ID
Buying your first home can be overwhelming, let us help! Join us for this annual event planned by the Young Alumnae Committee. Real estate and mortgage professionals will provide the knowledge you need to prepare for the exciting journey into home ownership.
Among the topics discussed will be:
• Is it a buyer’s market? Why or why not, and how that affects you
• Short sales and foreclosures: Are they still available and should you purchase them?
• Multiple offers, what are they and how do they affect your purchasing power?
• Should you make a move this year?
• What is the differences between getting pre-qualified for a mortgage and pre-approved?
• What are the different loan options available for home purchases?
• What down payment assistance is available to first time home buyers?
• What are closing costs?
• What program would work best for you to purchase a home and why?
For more information, please email email@example.com.
The second annual Katiefest event took place at The O'Shaughnessy on September 21, 2013. The events included live music, Oktoberfest themed food, and sampling of beers from local breweries. This event, an initiative of the Young Alumnae Committee, has become an annual favorite.
View photos from the fall 2013 event on Flickr, and stay tuned for information on Katiefest 2014.
For more information on how to get connected with other young alumnae or involved with the Young Alumnae Committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-690-6666.